Read My Profile
Creating Content | Building Community | Social Engagement Strategist | HR, Recruitment, Social Media Blogger & Speaker
Accomplished Content and Community Manager, experienced in creating and curating topical, insightful and unique content that builds authority, creates advocacy, and increases unique interactions.
Until recently Content and Community Manager at Jobsite UK, a leading UK digital recruitment business, producing content around the world of work, careers, recruitment, HR and social business, and creating a new blog platform which helped more than treble unique visits.
- Confident using a broad range of social and digital content, including video, blog and all social platforms, to contribute to the overall comms mix.
- Managed and improved the online reputation through social monitoring, community building and content marketing.
- Have designed and delivered business’ social engagement strategy and guidelines, brimming with initiative that encourage and empower employee participation.
- Using my extensive network, attracted both written and video content from leading industry players giving Jobsite the edge over the competition through the provision of high quality guest content at zero cost.
- A natural connector; am able to identify and encourage brand advocates, bloggers and collaborators.
- Presenter, keynote speaker and chairman at many Recruitment, HR, Digital Marketing and Social Business conferences; speaking on topics ranging from current trends in online recruitment to rolling out and monitoring social engagement within a business.
- A regular guest blogger and live tweeter at a range of industry events, conferences and seminars.
- Write career blogs for metro.co.uk http://metro.co.uk/author/mervyn-dinnen-ukmetro/
- Previously a professional recruiter with several years’ experience of sourcing talent for leading companies in both the private and public sector, particularly focusing on the areas of HR, Finance, Resourcing and Sales & Marketing.
- Proven track record of developing & maintaining long term value-added consultative client relationships.
Content and Community Manager at Jobsite
February 2011 – October 2013 (2 years 9 months)
Jobsite.co.uk, a leading UK online recruitment website, is part of Evenbase (www.evenbase.com), the global digital recruitment group.
The goals of Jobsite are to make the processes of job hunting and recruitment as easy and hassle free as possible. We do this through award-winning technology and innovation.
We are a multi award winning business, including the prestigious ‘Recruitment Website of the Decade’ award in November 2010.
My role involved:
- Create, source and share a dynamic mix of insightful content for job seekers and recruiters, whilst using contacts to attract guest content.
- Creation of a new blog platform to showcase this content, more than trebling unique interactions.
- Use content to build advocacy and authority, driving unique interactions
- Design and implementation of the business social media strategy
- Enable, empower and encourage employee participation
- Represent Jobsite at conferences and unconferences, including keynote presentations, helping to positio Jobsite as a go to source of commentary and insight around the evolving world of digital, mobile and social recruitment
- Reputation management including monitoring of brand mentions on social networking platforms
- Identifying and engaging influential collaborators and brand advocates
Recruitment Consultant (Permanent & Interim) at Courtenay HR
June 2006 – December 2010 (4 years 7 months)
Courtenay HR specialised in the sourcing of permanent and interim HR professionals for more than 35 years. The business has a strong network of contacts and clients, and is recognized as a pioneering and innovative force within HR recruitment.
I specialised in recruiting senior HR professionals, both permanent and interim, who work within the Management and Specialist community, in other words the Rising Stars.
I sourced lead specialists in Talent, Resourcing, Reward, Learning and Development, Organisation Design and Employee Relations, together with senior-level generalists and Business Partners.
Senior Consultant at Perriam and Everett Recruitment Ltd
April 2003 – 2006 (3 years)
Sourcing and recruiting key experienced recruiters within professional services recruitment and search firms. From graduates to managers and directors I focused my energies on creating a pool of outstanding present and future talent for the industry.