Read My Profile
Recruitment Blog of the Year Winner 2013 – UK Recruiter
Accomplished Content and Community Manager, experienced in creating and curating topical, insightful and unique content that builds authority, creates advocacy, and increases unique interactions. Until recently held the position of Content and Community Manager at leading UK digital recruitment business, Jobsite UK.
- Produced content around the world of work, careers, recruitment, HR and social business, and created a new blogging platform which increased unique visits three fold.
- Confident using a broad range of social and digital content, including video, blog and all social platforms, to contribute to the overall comms mix • Managed and improved the online reputation through social monitoring, community building and content marketing
- Designed and delivered the business’ social engagement strategy and guidelines, brimming with initiatives that encouraged and empowered employee participation
- Using my extensive network attracted the industry’s leading players who generously provided both written and video content, which gave Jobsite a distinct edge over its competition, for zero cost
- A natural connector; am able to identify and encourage brand advocates, bloggers and collaborators • Presenter, keynote speaker and chairman at many Recruitment, HR, Digital Marketing and Social Business conferences; speaking on topics ranging from current trends in online recruitment to rolling out and monitoring social engagement within a business
- A regular guest blogger and live tweeter at a range of industry events, conferences and seminars
- Previously a professional recruiter with several years’ experience sourcing talent for leading companies in both the private and public sector, particularly focusing on the areas of HR, Finance, Resourcing and Sales & Marketing
- Proven track record of developing & maintaining long term value-added consultative client relationships
Content & Social Engagement Strategist – Blogger, Collaborator, Speaker and Live Event Coverage
December 2013 – Present
I help companies to create engaging and effective content, and social engagement strategies, that speaks to their customers, clients and candidates, maximising reach, influence and interactions. Resident blogger for Broadbean Technology and Monster UK.
- Create engaging and effective content for businesses
- Specialise in content that speaks to the HR and Recruitment sectors
- Write blogs and white papers, and create research reports for clients
- Create and advise on engagement strategy to maximise social reach for content campaigns
- Blogger outreach, identifying the key influencers
- Live event coverage including tweets, live blogs and round up reports
- Speaker and panellist at HR, Recruitment and Social Business conferences presenting on social engagement, content creation and employer brand
Blogger at Broadbean Technology
December 2013 – Present
Providing regular commentary and insight on recruitment and workplace trends, as well as reporting from a range of industry conferences
Blogger at Monster Worldwide
December 2013 – Present
Writing about recruitment trends, technology and workplace research
Advisory Board Member – HR Directors Summit 2015 at WTG Events February 2014 – Present
Content and Community Manager at Jobsite
February 2011 – October 2013 (2 years 9 months)
Jobsite.co.uk is a leading UK online recruitment website and part of global digital recruitment group Evenbase. Through the use of award-winning technology and innovation, they aim to make the process of job hunting and recruitment as easy and hassle free as possible. They are a multi award winning business, including the prestigious ‘Recruitment Website of the Decade’ award in November 2010.
My role involved:
- Created, sourced and shared a dynamic mix of insightful content for job seekers and recruiters, whilst using contacts to attract guest content
- Creation of a new blog platform that more than trebled unique interactions
- Used content to build advocacy and authority, driving unique interactions
- Designed and implemented the business’ social media strategy
- Enabled, empowered and encouraged employee participation
- Represented Jobsite at conferences and unconferences, including keynote presentations, helping to position Jobsite as a go to source of commentary and insight around the evolving world of digital, mobile and social recruitment
- Responsible for reputation management including monitoring of brand mentions on social networking platforms
- Identified and engaged influential collaborators and brand advocates
Recruitment Consultant (Permanent & Interim) at Courtenay HR
June 2006 – December 2010 (4 years 7 months)
Courtenay HR has specialised in the sourcing of permanent and interim HR professionals for more than 35 years. The business has a strong network of contacts and clients, and is recognised as a pioneering and innovative force within HR recruitment. Recruited senior HR professionals, both permanent and interim, to work within the Management and Specialist community, in other words the Rising Stars. Successfully placed lead specialists in Talent, Resourcing, Reward, Learning and Development, Organisation Design and Employee Relations, together with senior-level generalists and Business Partners.
Senior Consultant at Perriam and Everett Recruitment Ltd
April 2003 – 2006 (3 years)
Perriam and Everett places Recruiters, Inhouse Recruiters and Headhunters, all round the world. Clients vary from highly innovative boutiques, global Tier One search firms, international staffing businesses to corporate recruitment functions. I specialised in placing talented recruitment and resourcing professionals within the recruitment sector, and in-house into corporate resourcing roles.
Owner at Momentum Resourcing
April 1998 – March 2003 (5 years)
With Momentum Resourcing I specialised in sourcing Recruiters, In-House Recruiters and Headhunters for a range of recruitment businesses and specialist resourcing teams.
Consultant at Perriam and Everett Recruitment Ltd
January 1993 – March 1998 (5 years 3 months)
I specialised in placing talented recruitment and resourcing professionals within the recruitment sector, and in-house into corporate resourcing roles. ￼